If the chemistry is right, we can make a difference at LANXESS: speed up sports, make beverages last longer, add more color to leisure time and much more.
As a leading specialty chemicals group, we develop and produce chemical intermediates, additives, specialty chemicals and high-tech plastics. With around 14,300 employees, we are present in 33 countries. Be part of it!
In order to achieve LANXESS’s objectives, we operate within our company Performance Culture which includes our value : respect, ownership, trust, professionalism and integrity.
LANXESS Italy is currently seeking a strong, motivated and talented individuals with the appropriate sales and technical experience for the position of Senior Sales Manager - Italy, Greece & Turkey within the Flavors & Fragrances Business Unit ( F&F BU).
The Flavors & Fragrances (F&F BU) business unit develops and produces flavors and fragrances, preservatives, and animal nutrition products.F&F products are found in various everyday consumables, such as cosmetics and personal care products, detergents and cleaning agents, beverages, baked goods, candles, oils, and animal feed.
Location: LANXESS S.r.l. Italy, Milan
Geographical scope : Italy, Greece & Turkey
Workplace type: Hybrid set up
• Influence customer decision maker to specify/select Lanxess product in process
• Plan and prioritize sales activities, customers and/or prospective contacts towards achieving the agreed business targets
• To be the main point of contact for customers and distributors in a specific geographical area and to lead their activities on an assigned basis.
• Identify and follow up new business opportunities, initiatives and new applications for products. Coordinate colleagues to ensure business are achieved.
• Take full responsibility for budget submission for the products and customers of responsibility.
• Take full responsibility for forecasting existing and developing business.
• Regularly review and monitor sales against forecasts
• Ensure monitoring of credit worthiness and manage customer accordingly.
• Develops, gains approval for annual account plans
• Build, coordinate and maintain multi-level and multi-functional intercompany relationships with accounts and as well as internal teams. To plan and prioritize sales activities, customers and/or prospective contacts towards achieving the agreed business targets
• document customer call reports, distributor reviews, industry information, and development opportunities.
• Investigate and identify growth opportunities for new and existing products and customers as requested by the marketing team and in line with business unit goals.
• Provide effective communication, advice, support, involvement, training and coaching to colleagues.
• Effectively interact with other BU’s on matters of mutual interest/benefit to ensure customer focus remains targeted on LXS product portfolio
• Proactively drive crossover BU meetings with customers and assist in supporting and developing relationships.
• Works closely with the internal sales team to remain updated on order status, complaint progress, etc...
Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree: Chemical, Technical Engineering, Material Science or Business Administration (optional)
• 5-10 years of overall relevant sales experience, distributor management
• Mandatory fluency in Italian and English /German is advantage/
• Interpersonal skills with ability to gain respect and credibility with customers
• Strong project management experience and analytical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Solid communication and presentation skills
• Entrepreneurial Thinking, overcoming complexity
• Team Player
• Ability to work independently also as a part of Team
• IT Knowledge (Microsoft Dynamics CRM)
Diversity: For us, talent matters, we welcome everyone who commits to our values. We strongly believe that including diverse perspectives makes us more innovative and enhances our competitiveness. Therefore, we embrace the uniqueness of every single individual and are truly committed to supporting our people in developing their individual potential.