Head of Project and Process Engineering
If the chemistry is right, we can make a difference at LANXESS: speed up sports, make beverages last longer, add more color to leisure time and much more.
As a leading specialty chemicals group, we develop and produce chemical intermediates, additives, specialty chemicals and high-tech plastics. With around 14,300 employees, we are present in 33 countries. Be part of it!
Head of Process and Project Engineering
Trafford Park, Manchester
Full time, Permanent role
LANXESS is a leading speciality chemicals company based in Cologne. With around 14,300 employees in 33 countries, we are an established company on the global market. Our primary expertise lies in producing, developing and marketing chemical intermediates, additives, specialty chemicals and plastics, with annual sales of EUR 6.8 billion (2019).
LANXESS UK are now recruiting a Head of Process and Project Engineering for our Top Tier COMAH site based in Trafford Park, Manchester.
The primary purpose of the role is to lead the project and process engineering disciplines for the Lanxess Trafford Park site; in accordance within current health, safety and environmental legislation and Lanxess safety regulations. This role is a mixture of project management and team management.
- Line management of process and process safety engineers including engineering contract resources.
- Responsible for monthly project and process safety reporting and KPIs.
- Develop competency and drive systematic improvement across projects and process engineering disciplines, including training and implementation of engineering standards.
- Forge close working relationship with operations to develop clear prioritisation of site projects and ensure user requirements are clear and are met.
- Project management and engineering of own small site projects.
- Developing systems to improve efficiency of HAZOP preparation and delivery of action close-out.
- Allocate process engineering resource across projects, compliance and operations support based.
- Being a vital part of global Lanxess projects team in capacity expansion projects
Together with the Engineering Manager:
- Manage the project pipeline, annual budget planning and Financial Investment Approval processes.
- Ensure the delivery of the site CAPEX projects in accordance with budget, quality and time specifications.
- Resourcing and overall management of the safe design and operation of processes and plants delivery including the HAZOP processes.
- Proven engineering experience in a chemical, pharmaceutical, petrochemical plant.
- Strong basic engineering skills with knowledge across mechanical, E,C&I and process engineering.
- Knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environment legislation and engineering standards.
- Experience managing maintenance and capital budgets.
- Experience on a Lower or Upper Tier COMAH Site.
- A good understanding of maintenance processes and experience of plant engineering activity.
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems.
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Master degree in chemical engineering preferred
What we offer you
- Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages, inclusive of a global bonus program and an individual performance bonus program.
- Comprehensive Benefits: We provide a variety of benefits to support your financial security, health and wellbeing including retirement plans, health programs, life insurance and medical care.
- Work-Life & Flexibility: We support you in maintaining a balance between working hours and personal life. With our global “Xwork” program, we offer flexible working arrangements in all countries in which we operate.
- Training & Development: We are committed to your professional and personal development and encourage you in the ongoing pursuit of education, training and knowledge through both formal and informal learning .
Diversity: For us, talent matters, we welcome everyone who commits to our values. We strongly believe that including diverse perspectives makes us more innovative and enhances our competitiveness. Therefore, we embrace the uniqueness of every single individual and are truly committed to supporting our people in developing their individual potential.